Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lie Into The Microphone, Ed Worley

The federal racketeering lawsuit against KY Democrat Senate leader Ed Worley is getting interesting.

Apparently, Worley got caught saying something on tape that he wishes he hadn't said.

In a motion Worley filed Wednesday is U.S. District Court, he said "At no time did Earl Estes disclose to me that any conversation I ever had with him, including any conversation I had with him in November of 2005, was being recorded and I did not know the conversation was being recorded. I did not and do not consent to being secretly recorded and would not have talked to Mr. Estes if I knew that I was being recorded."

Kentucky law does not require a crime victim to notify a perpetrator he is recording a telephone call to collect incriminating evidence.