Monday, August 18, 2008

And another 90 million suffer bouts of sadness

Congressman John Conyers (D-Michigan) had another socialized medicine photo-op today in his district.

Nothing unusual about that, but this Crain's Detroit Business coverage added a new element to the spin:
"With nearly 50 million people uninsured and another 25 million underinsured, the need for universal health coverage has..."

Are you kidding me? Now, in addition to the bogus uninsured statistic we are throwing up an "underinsured" figure to generate big-government hysteria?

With high-deductible coverage for my family, I guess I am one of the underinsured. But no government program is going to shake me off of my philosophical -- and mathematical -- opposition to buying insurance for something I can afford to pay for myself.

Conyers and company are really counting on Americans not understanding much of anything about insurance.